Senior Transport Planner
As a senior transport planner, you’ll be responsible for planning, optimization, routing and scheduling of all transportation modes.
You lead transportation efforts, cooperate with carriers, both internal and external, customers, planners and dispatchers to ensure smooth transportation of customer goods across the network.
Key result areas
- Complies with the attitude of Lean and continuous improvements in the organization
- Responsible for ensuring that all executed activities and processes are in compliance with the company’s standards, policies and instructions.
- Setting up and executing the full transportation cycle, from initial RFQ to the final delivery, managing the door-to-door transportation process and any related documental and administrative procedure
- Builds relationships with established carriers, manage their performances and leverage relationships to ensure all cost and quality requirements are met
- Manage of a portfolio of key accounts, fulfilling daily requests
- You are the direct point of contact for client also when issues that require immediate attention pops out.
- Scouting the market for new oppotunities
- > 5 years of experience as a transport planner in an International transport environment
- Bachelor’s level of work and thinking (minimum)
- Knowledge of national and international road network
- Knowledge of legal provisions relating to the transport sector
(EC regulation / driving & rest times)
- Knowledge of transport documents
- Experience in working with online freight exchanges
- Experience with Transportation Management Systems
- No 9 to 5 mentality
- Teamwork: building cooperation among individuals and departments, sharing information and resources, and working to achieve group goals and outcomes.
- Strong problem solving skills and hands-on attitude
- Stress resistant and customer oriented
- Management skills and tasks prioritization
- Italian mother tongue and English fluent
- Proficiency with MS Office applications
- Knowledge of business social network is a plus
You will become part of a motivating and challenging environment that is dynamic as well as international.
We offer a job where you work on the basis of great independence
You will receive the necessary training (thorough on-the-job training) & support.
It is our commitment to train you with the aim of reaching a senior level.
Development plan, with a recognizable career progress in a healthy international company.
You will have the opportunity to participate at high level and make full use of the opportunities that arise.
You will receive an indefinite contract linked to an attractive salary
Interested? Send in your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org