Returnable Packaging - Automotive Industry
With the increasing trend towards environmentally-friendly products, returnable packaging is becoming more important to the automotive sector. The advantage it provides over single use packaging such as cardboard is clear: returnable packaging offers an easy-to-manage packaging solution with controlled and predictable costs.
Our automotive customers are changing from cardboard boxes to returnable plastic boxes to transport their high-value products such as filters, industrial fasteners and components. Plastic storage boxes, such as pallet boxes, collapsible pallet boxes, containers, pallets and lids, play an important role in the automotive industry. It is vital that the correct size box is used. PPS can source the most suitable box / container for our automotive customers, or offer a bespoke service if required.
Benefits of Returnable Packaging
- A cleaner, uncluttered working environment thanks to the elimination of cardboard boxes littering the floor
- A better-ordered and safer production area
- Reduced packaging waste
- Improved inventory control thanks to box traceability
- The rigidity of the boxes protects the valuable goods
- The sealed plastic boxes give protection from moisture or contamination
- The boxes are standard in shape, size and weight, making them ideal for an automated environment
- Reduced carbon footprint